Tuesday, August 24, 2010

URGENT SL NEWS: Do Not Use Emerald!!!

WARNING: Emerald  Viewer has lost its status with Linden Labs

Please DO NOT use your Emerald Viewer right now. They are currently NOT CURRENTLY IN COMPLIANCE with Second Life.

And if the Lindens want to be jerks (and believe me, they can be) they can TOS you for using it!!!!!

I repeat....Jiggly breasts or not...Do not use Emerald Viewer. Yes, I love my Emerald. But the company is in a huge fight right now with SL. And all of it is Emerald's own fault from what I gather.

1) There are huge privacy issues with the server, thanks to a rogue employee.

2) They did hostile things to a critic's website

I love my Emerald. I hope they get all this sorted out. But in the meantime, don't risk it.

Here is a BRILLIANT article from the BRILLIANT Eddi Haskell, who understands it all a lot more than I do. Give it a read. He sums the problems up brilliantly.

http://eddihaskell.blogspot.com/2010/08/update-emerald-gate-allegations-explode.html

1 comment:

  1. Philip Rosedale's official statement does not seem to indicate, to me, that it is a violation of the TOS to continue to login via Emerald. He states quite clearly "We have not yet disabled logins via the Emerald viewer, but will do so if we feel the software and the team behind it is not able to meet the standards we’ve set". I'm happy to let LL and Emerald dev team resolve this while not overreacting. As you point out in a later post even Eddi Haskell doesn't think LL will ban anyone right now for using Emerald. Let's all just relax a bit and enjoy the carnival. Full LL statement at http://blogs.secondlife.com/community/features/blog/2010/08/24/malicious-viewers-and-our-third-party-viewer-policy

    ReplyDelete